Collecting and Use of Information
Personal information may be collected from you when you subscribe to Homeschooling Twinkies, sign up for our newsletter, fill out a comment, respond to a survey, and/or purchase a product or service. Non-personally-identifying information such as demographics may also be collected to:
- to personalize your experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- to improve our website in order to better serve you.
- to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- to quickly process your transactions.
- to ask for ratings and reviews of services and products
- to follow up with them after correspondence
When responding to a comment, you may leave your email address for the purpose of receiving comment replies. Otherwise, you do not have to provide your email address or website information. If you are a registered user or subscriber of this blog, you may receive emails informing you newest features, to solicit feedback, or to keep you up to date with our products and services.
Before or at the time that we collect your information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. We will only use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
We will protect personal information by implementing a variety of security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- keep track of advertisements.
- compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Please look up your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. However, you will still be able to navigate all posts and pages on our site as well as place orders.
We will never share, rent, or sell your information to outside parties except when you have given us permission to do so or if it is needed in order to provide you with a product or service you have requested. Outside parties do not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conduct our business, or serve our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We will only disclose your personal information under certain circumstances. These include the following:
- we will disclose your information to our employees, contractors, and affiliates, all who have agreed not to disclose this information to others, in order to process and provide services you have requested.
- we will disclose your information if compelled by a subpoena or court order when that disclosure is absolutely necessary to protect our rights, our affiliates’ rights, or the public at large.
- we will disclose your information to enforce our site policies.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information, such as demographics, may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA, users can visit our site anonymously and we will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
We will not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us with personally identifying information online. If you are 13 or under, do not register for any of our services and products or provide us information about yourself.
Your credit card or other payment method and billing information will only be used to pay for products you have requested. We only use payment services that have agreed not to share your financial information with us so we will never see or handle your financial information. This also applies to payment information stored at the site of the payment processors for convenience of future purchases.